


She enjoyed the cheerios and even got the hang of the cup with the special lid for no-spills, then before too long wanted a drink of mama's water. After that, we travelled upstairs again for a bathroom run. She didn't seem to mind that the other kids were getting suited up to go outside, but I found out later that she was very upset that she would miss class-time because of my visit. So being the mischevious child that I have found her to be, she weaseled her way into the classroom where we had lessons. It was too cute watching the teacher work with her on facial expressions. Creasing her brows, moving her tongue up and down and right to left were challenges for her coordination. So cute to watch. And let me tell you, that girl has a loooong tongue. I understand that one characteristic of DS is a short palate not a long tongue, but I wonder if she doesn't have both. Either way, it's cute!


Saying goodbye was the part I dreaded for this whole week. She was so busy and slightly ornery. She made claim to her blanket and dolly and they went first into her own bed then to multiple other beds so she could tell her friends that those were hers. I tried to get a picture of her tucking her baby into the blanket, but had forgotten to delete yesterday's pictures off the smart card so had run out of room in the memory. I'm so bummed about that. It was cute and she was so very careful and precise. In the end, I tried to tell her that mama was going paka for a long time this time but I would come back for her and that I loved her very much. Well she was much too busy for that until the very end when she figured out that mama was really leaving. I got one more hug and off she went. It made me sad, but would have made me much sadder if I had to have someone peel her out of my arms. One day, I will be back for her and we'll walk out of that door forever. That is now my landmark day to look forward to. It will come, I know it will. I have a daughter to bring home!







1 comments:
I'm crying..with You! It won't be really long before you're back to scoop her up and bring her home to her pretty new bedroom!
Hugs ~ JO
Post a Comment
Your comments mean so much to me! Well meaning words are always welcome and appreciated! It's easy, you can do it!