What is that you ask....
It's the amount of time it has taken for me to meet my girl. Almost a year ago, I committed to a little girl who stole my heart. She drew me in and touched my soul. God led me to her and I've been on a mission ever since. Oh yes, I've had times that I thought "This is JUST TOO HARD" "I can't do this" and then there is the ever so gentle nudge that God gives me saying "THIS BEAUTIFUL GIRL NEEDS YOU....YOU NEED THIS BEAUTIFUL GIRL"
What a journey we've been on. I'm sure that I've taxed most everyone I know talking non-stop about this little girl, adoption, international adoption, Down syndrome and all of it combined. I've said it before that this is the longest hardest pregnancy I've ever had. And true to most pregnancies, I've not done it alone.
Thank you all: Amy, Mom and Dad, Tyler, Sydney, Aunt Bev, Cheryl, friends and family...all of you in no particular order. You've all been so great to support this dream and this little girl. I think we all need this little girl in our lives. She's coming. She'll be here one day soon.
So exactly one year after I committed to her, I will sleep off my jet lag, catch up on my mail, talk incessantly on the phone and prepare more documents for the second trip of this adoption. The frosting on the cake as it were....The finalization of Gracie's adoption. She'll be Grace MacKenzie Clifton. My daughter in every sense of the word.







1 comments:
Wow! A year, that IS a long pregnancy! Love her name!!:) I'm so excited about your trip Deana, I can't wait to see you holding your baby girl!
Post a Comment
Your comments mean so much to me! Well meaning words are always welcome and appreciated! It's easy, you can do it!