Monday, August 15, 2011

shhhhh....She's sleeping

Sleep came tough last night. Our hotel room was quite hot, and well, it had been a day of adventure. I'll post about gotcha day soon, but for now, take a look at how my beautiful angel sleeps.....





This was last night when she finally gave up and slept. So tired as it was about 11:30 pm. About 2.5 hours past her bedtime.


This was about an hour later. She stayed that way for about 20 minutes before I glanced at her and in her sleep, she had pulled her pants down and was starting to squat. I would have taken a picture, but instead I ran. Whew....we made it to the potty chair. My sleeping angel went potty and didn't even wake up.

This is what I woke to this morning. It's about 5:30 and neither of us are ready to wake up, but I couldn't resist taking this. Makes my knees hurt a little just thinking about this.




I am awestruck over my daughter. She seems to have taken the first steps in transition from orphanage to family without even blinking. I love her so much! I thank God for His miracles. One is sleeping here for at least a little while longer.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my how they sleep. We have Ellis Anne (3) still in a crib...but I have seen many children with DS do strange things while sleeping. Love all the pictures and can't wait to see gotcha day pics...thanks again for all of the pics and videos. We have been so spoiled since you have been there...we are praying that we are not far behind you.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Stephanie

Melissa said...

That last picture made me smile. That's almost always how Claire sleeps!

Heather said...

What a little contortionist! Anya's doctor asked me if Anya sleeps in weird positions. She said it's a sign of sleep apnea. You'll have to check that out! HEY are you two home yet? We need an update!!

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me! Well meaning words are always welcome and appreciated! It's easy, you can do it!