Today was a good day. I was actually fortunate enough to get some sleep. Seven whole, un-interrupted, blissful hours of deep sleep and boy did I need them! I got to practice what I will say to the judge but I know I will forget. I would forget on an easy day let alone a day of such importance.
We will ask the judge to waive the 10 waiting period on the basis that the longer Gracie can be home before she attends school, the better. If she does not waive the 10 days (which is likely) then Gracie's gotcha day will be on the 20th.
The visit today was great fun for all of us. Gracie LOVES LOVES LOVES the dirt! She digs in it with her hands, writes in it with a stick, pours it out of her hands and just plain likes to play in the sandbox. Oh, and the girl likes her shoes. I had to bring a few pairs of them to see which size is best. The black and white houndstooth pair won out. :) I'm just glad to see that she has some taste. As far as clothes, she is solidly in a 2 which is a relief because that's what I brought with.
I'm getting sleepy again, so I'll sign off. Enjoy these pictures. I am so happy with them. In fact, I am just plain happy with everything right now.
If I could ask for prayers for tomorrow. I have the assurance from Karina (my translator) that she has my back and won't translate anything that sounds truly wrong, but please pray that my words are eloquent and fluid and the judge would see my heart. A quick one about the 10 days being waived would be excellent and truly in Gracie's best interest.
















2 comments:
Love the pictures! She's a doll and she knows it, doesn't she?:):) I am going to set the alarm for
3am my time which will be 2pm your time and pray for a quick, smooth court process and the 10 days waived. Love ya!
I loved the pictures ours and yours....I am ecstatic for you. She is precious. Praying to waive the 10 days!
Stephanie
Post a Comment
Your comments mean so much to me! Well meaning words are always welcome and appreciated! It's easy, you can do it!