Some pictures from Saturday.
Ha ha, this is what I see often. A little beggar who wants to be picked up. She giggles with delight when I do but I make her walk sometimes. Occasionally she protests loudly but then she will walk with me holding my hand without problem.
She is always inquisitive and she loves to learn. I'm so glad that they've given her the opportunity here to learn. Can't wait to see how she grows at home.
This is Amy, she and her husband Dan were allowed to adopt this beautiful little girl Elaina on Wednesday too. They live in Minnesota. Gracie just looked at me like "Ha ha, who has me now? Come get me mama." She loves to be chased.
Can you just see the stinker in her eye? I sure can! This child loves life and plans to see how much mischief she can get into while she's experiencing it.
Karina is a Godsend! She's our interpreter. She ran interference for me since I'm not feeling too well yet and redirected Gracie to the slide. She loves these children and often I see her with one in her arms and she's praying over them. Such a good woman. She's my Russian sister. She wants to visit America some day. I think now would be good.
It's blurry, but cute.
This girl would sit and play in the dirt for hours.
Because it was warm out, they brought out a drink that all the kids gathered around quickly for. I asked if it was tea which is what it looked like but was told that it was dried berries. The little one to her right is so sweet. She's a girl. It took Karina a year to discover that.
I get the impression that Miss Bossy Pants has seen this a few times. LOL

Just a blurry but cute picture of a cute girl.
Just about to break into one of those contagious smiles of hers.
Buckets have multiple uses here and sticks just can't be too short to be of some use.
She really loves instructional time. I think she's gonna love school too.
Genrik! He's my facilitator. Just a boy at heart but drives a mean car (and a scary one at times). The kids love him.
Circle time! The caregiver sings songs and the kids go round and round acting out things from the song. She wanted to give me a show so she used Gracie as the focus of the song often. Later, her parting words to me were that I need to be firm with Gracie or she will become the boss. I wanted to reassure her, but Karina just said that she had some advice she wanted to give me and she will give it to me. :) Lots of advice!
This is Dan. Gracie found a willing cohort when mama said nyet to picking her up during circle time.
Emptying out her shoes before they all go in. Of course, she could have emptied out her pockets, underwear and whole head to try to get rid of all the sand. I love this girl! My daughter!!!! My heart sings!
Next up: Monday is Gotcha Day!
Tuesday is the Novosibirsk Zoo and then off to Moscow!
Friday we head HOME!!!!







2 comments:
I think #13 is my favorite (where she's at her instructional time). So cute! Just think...it's almost all done and you'll be home. God is good!
Love you!
Bev
My heart is so happy. So at peace. And reverentially in awe of God and His wonders. Of making such a perfect child. Of bring her to you. And moving mountains to see that nothing ever separates the two of you ever again. I love you both!
Post a Comment
Your comments mean so much to me! Well meaning words are always welcome and appreciated! It's easy, you can do it!