Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May, it's been a busy month

Still not working. My wrist is getting better though. Now if we could only get the Dr to allow me to lift more than 5 lbs......



May has been a great month for us here at the Clifton house. To start off, we got puppies. Three of them 2 females and 1 male. Born via c-section instead of the natural way, but they are all healthy including the puppies. At this writing, we're anxiously awaiting the opening of their eyes.





Graduations: we had 2 of them. One boy's and one girl's. So very proud of my kids. Both graduated with honors and both have big plans for after school.

First, on Friday, May 7, Tyler graduated from University of Nebraska at Kearney. He has done so well in college and I know that at more than one time in his life, I would have predicted that he wouldn't have done so well. God had different plans, and he has a beautiful girlfriend and a great job waiting for him. The not so good part is that he is moving away to Milwaukee, Wisconsin in a little over a month. That is hitting this mama hard.













Then on Sunday, May 9, Sydney graduated from Grand Island Senior High School. She also graduated with honors and as a member of the National Honor Society. She has plans to attend the University of Nebraska at Kearney and is majoring in vocal music performance and minoring in psychology. After her 4 years there, she plans to attend graduate school in Minneapolis, Minnesota for music therapy. I can't think about that move just yet, so I'll concentrate on her plans for the coming summer and next school year. She has a trip to Europe planned with the Midwest American Honor Choir. They will tour several different locations including France, Prague, Austria, Germany, Italy or England and some other places I don't remember. It's a chance of a lifetime and I'm so blessed she was nominated and has the opportunity to go. Also in the mail was a congratulations letter to Sydney, who as an incoming freshman will be a part of the UNK show choir team. We didn't expect to get that given there were only 14 positions being auditioned for and 11 returning singer/dancers. That was only 3 positions for about 20 other auditioners. WAHOO!
Fingerprints, we finally got them! After three months and one day since submitting our I600A, several phone calls, emails and prayers, we got our fingerprints done today! I know there are other things to wait for, but at least we got that accomplished while Sydney is still in town (or country for that matter). So, a small step forward goes a long way to encourage me. Also when I got the mail today, I found an envelope mailed to me with a donation in it. I think I know who it was from, and am so blessed that he believes in Gracie's adoption enough to give what he can. Thank God for those who believe.

Please pray that WACAP is given priveleges back by the end of this week. I'm told we should be able to expect some answers by then. It may make the difference between Gracie being transferred to an institution or staying there waiting for me to come get her.

ALL OF THAT AND IT'S ONLY THE 11TH!!!!
I'm tired now.

2 comments:

amyl4 said...

Bless your heart Deana! This month has been a whirlwind for you. Let's pray that it gets even better with some great news about WACAP.:) I just can't wait to see you holding Gracie finally! Congrats again on your amazing graduates, you are very blessed!
Amy

Anonymous said...

That is great news that about your fingerprints! I have been praying HARD for you in hopes that WACAP can give you the answers Gracie needs. Love your blog. Love Gracies's room. It's bittersweet for me but am still enjoying watching all of these babes come home!

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me! Well meaning words are always welcome and appreciated! It's easy, you can do it!