Friday, May 21, 2010

My sad little girl

Thank you to Amy L. who found this newest picture of Gracie. I'm so grateful that she's passed on the two updated pictures that I have. They are all I have other than my imaginings of what life will be like the moment I meet her for the first time, the day we come home, the day she starts school and the many other achievements down the road.
This picture tears at my heart. The look of fear and sadness tells me she needs a mama more than ever.
It's been a sad week for me. In fact much of the week I've had a look on my face pretty similar to Gracie's poor little frown. In the midst of so much uncertainty, I received some good news today.
At my request, Anna (whom I am looking forward to meeting for several reasons) contacted Gracie's baby house to let them know that I AM STILL COMING TO GET HER, and to ask that she please NOT be transferred to the mental institution. The word that I received is that they are still aware that I'm coming for her and she is not scheduled to be transferred to the institution. Praise God. Now, if I can ask for your prayers that WACAP will get a reinstatement of their license and their adoptions will resume. I'm told that all of my paperwork is in Seattle and is waiting to be sent to Russia.

I can't wait to go about the business of turning that frown upside Down. :)





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh. She is still so beautiful! How old is Gracie? I didn't know she was almost 4? Hang in there! She knows your coming for her!

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me! Well meaning words are always welcome and appreciated! It's easy, you can do it!