Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year little one

Somewhere clear across the world is a little girl. She is loved, but doesn't know it. Wanted but doesn't feel it. She is important but lives as though she is insignificant.

She unaware that this is to be a year of change for her like she has never had nor will she ever have again.

As this new year begins, I am blessed by the knowledge that this year she will finally learn that she is loved, feel wanted and realize (at least a little bit) about how important she is to me and to many.
All of that to be reinforced for a lifetime. All of that to start in this new year.

2010 A year of beginnings. God willing, we have a long way to go Gracie, and I'm excited!

2 comments:

Bending & Blowing said...

A beautiful little girl for a beautiful family! I am so excited for you and little Grace. I had a really hard time with the holidays this year too. They just seemed so bittersweet! We are adopting 3 little ones from Eastern Europe too. I'm excited to follow along on your journey :)
Mary
www.3foldblessings.blogspot.com

Gaining Grace said...

Mary, thank you. I just kept telling my self "next year will be different", but it's little consolation when she has never known different. She has never known the love, kindness and security of the love of a mommy. It's going to be a good year for many of us! Can't wait to see your story too!

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me! Well meaning words are always welcome and appreciated! It's easy, you can do it!