6 Months Ago
I left my home to meet my daughter. It was the scariest thing I have ever done and as I sat alone in the Moscow airport, I thanked God that I didn't know how scared I would be when I started this journey. If I had known, I may not have gotten this far. Exhausted and alone, I was nothing more than a scared child in a very large, strange world. Kind of reminds me of a certain little girl I got to know.
God knew I needed you though. I'm so glad He did.
She was exactly 4 1/2 that day and today my baby girl turns 5. Something I didn't think she would have to do without me. I spend time wondering if she is still so small. If she's had her lessons each day, if she's been playing outside like she surely would be if she was here at home, if we're ever going to get that stubborn nose dried up or are we going to have to carry her blotto with us forever. I don't care, I'll gladly do it.
I have birthday presents for you. I wonder if you will like clothes or toys or both. I can hardly wait to find out. We'll have a party for you and I'll spend my time making up for every hug, every happy birthday utterance and every kiss you've missed out on over these last 5 years.
And, if I can make any promise to you Gracie, it will be that you never have to see another birthday go by without a celebration of YOU and of the gift that you are to me.
I love you little girl!







1 comments:
Happy 5th Birthday Gracie! Sending you virtual birthday cake until you can have one of your own next year!
Love and hugs to you Deanna!
Post a Comment
Your comments mean so much to me! Well meaning words are always welcome and appreciated! It's easy, you can do it!