Thursday, April 7, 2011




Well, Monday was a bittersweet day as I guessed it would be. Gracie celebrated one more birthday without her mama's arms around her. I don't know if anyone told her happy birthday or not. I did even though she didn't hear me.





In addition to not being there, Monday became even more bitter to me because I was informed by my agency that the judge who will hear my case is now on vacation. AGAIN! If you remember, her last vacation was a month long vacay in December. Now, in April, she apparently needs another month long getaway. Somehow I think I'm in the wrong business if vacations come around that often for them.




As you can imagine, I spent much of Monday in tears. My papers have been removed from the judges desk in order to keep them from ending up on the "bad" judges desk, and they'll be presented to her again once she's back around the first of May. They said that they can work around my son's wedding and will make sure I'm able to be here for it. Of course, many of my documents will be expired before that date comes, so once again, I'm in the paper chase. Or will be as soon as they tell me they want them.





On a much better note, I got an update. I was told to compile a list of questions for the Russian staff and they would send answers and maybe a picture or two. Well, I got both today! God is good to give me encouragement in this stage of the game. I sure needed it. I didn't get an answer to all of my questions, but at least got some info on her.





She is well and has been healthy since I left her. Thank You God!


She is still in the baby house she was in and will remain there until she is adopted. Again, THANK YOU GOD!!!!!


I asked if it would be possible to try to shoot for court around the 3rd week of May so I could fly home for the wedding which is on the 28th and then fly back to bring Gracie home. They said that there is no way to tell when court might be because the judge may require other papers to be furnished.





Now, for the good part. I really didn't expect to be so very emotional at the sight of these pictures. All at once, I was so very moved by so many emotions. All boiling down to how much I love this little girl and how much I miss her. So, here we go.....




Her infant picture that I only got a glimpse of earlier. Look how cute she was!






Getting ready to go outside....or coming in from outside. Not sure which. Maybe coming in since her cheeks are so pink. Healthy pink. :O)








She looks a bit mischievous here. Don't you think? I love it!







Good thing her mama got a coat that will fit her!




She's so cute!







Post snack I think.





I remember this face! The orphanage workers used to tell her to put her tongue in. They said it in Russian of course, so I could never repeat it, but it was so cute that she thought it was funny to pull her tongue in and would say "UP" as she pulled her tongue in.


Her hair is growing so long.




And my favorite picture! Food face and all!






This mamas heart is both light and heavy. Have I ever mentioned that I love this girl?


I want her home!

1 comments:

amyl4 said...

You are so BLESSED to have that baby picture!!!!! I don't have any of Caleb before I met him. I often wondered what my silly boy looked like as an infant. I imagine something like Charlie Brown! I know you will treasure that one for sure. She's cuter than ever and ready to come home and play with her Mama.:)
Love ya,
Amy

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me! Well meaning words are always welcome and appreciated! It's easy, you can do it!