Well, I think the ball is beginning an ever so slight, almost imperceptible, suggestion of a roll.
My agency, which is located in Minnesota, contacted me the other day to tell me that the judge would not require any further documents that would slow my progress. She may however require me to hand carry other documents to her when I come, but nothing that will delay a court date. The next step in this long process is a meeting. It's required for any Russian adoption regardless of where the adoption is taking place and must happen prior to setting a court date. The meeting is with the judge, the Minister of Orphans (MOE for short), the orphanage director (whom I never got to meet the first time), and the social worker who observed Gracie and I on our second meeting. I will not have representation during the meeting but I don't believe I will need to. They are strictly discussing the legal aspect of Gracie's adoption to make sure all of the legal requirements have been met and she is truly available for adoption. I never knew about this meeting prior to this call, but it makes some sense to me now.
Well, this meeting is set for July 21st. Next Thursday! Since they are 12 hours ahead, I could wake up on Thursday and receive a court date as soon as my agency checks their emails! If not, then it is likely to come on Friday. I know they will be so happy to give me a court date!!!! This wait has been hard on them too!
And now, here's a prayer request for you all.....
USCIS (Homeland Security) requires all foreign adoptive parents and family members over age 18 to be fingerprinted and background checked. Sydney and I had that done a long time ago. Everything went well and I've had that in place for going on 18 months now. Well, those fingerprints expire for Sydney and I on August 10th. I am fairly certain I will be in Russia at this time. These fingerprints CANNOT expire while I'm over there. The adoption cannot take place on August 11th if they haven't been renewed. I've sent a request for re-fingerprinting about 2-3 weeks ago, but have not heard back from them and well, it's the government, so I've had no luck with contacting them by phone. I've sent an email to the ombudsman, but haven't received a response back for that yet either. Please pray that this is easily accomplished. Pray that Sydney can get the day off so we can go to Omaha for a 10 minute re-fingerprinting. Thank you!
This little girl needs to come home!








2 comments:
Amy told me the great news!!!!! I am so excited for you....you and Gracie have waited too long. I hope you will be able to get a glimpse and maybe even a picture or two of Anastasia (changing her name to Anya) while you are there.....again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
Stephanie Lynch
When do you leave?????? Will you be updating while you are there? I am getting excited for you. Tell the judge while you are there, that we are ready too! Just kidding...but we are soooo ready to go back and get her.
Stephanie
Post a Comment
Your comments mean so much to me! Well meaning words are always welcome and appreciated! It's easy, you can do it!