We seek to gain it, fight for it and declare it loudly to any who will listen. We employ thousands of men and women to defend it, but do we really want complete independence?
I say no, we don't.
Now mind you I do want independence from many things. From tyranny of corrupt governments, from mounting monetary pressures, from opressive religions, even from parents (sorry mom and dad, no offense intended). And as I struggle for it, I am happy to say that I am dependent in some ways. I am dependent on my loving God. On His mercies which I will never hope to deserve, and on His grace which washes me clean so that I can rest in His arms one day.
So while we as a nation celebrate our independence, I am joining in with you, but I am also celebrating the freedom to be completely dependent on the one who loves me like no other.
There is much to celebrate today. I'm so grateful that I have my family; my kids whom I love so completely and am so proud of, my parents who are so supportive and my beautiful Russian girl who inspires me daily to try to be better. One day soon, she will gain independence as she depends on a family for the first time. A day of freedom designed by God Himself.
Happy Independence Day everyone!







0 comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments mean so much to me! Well meaning words are always welcome and appreciated! It's easy, you can do it!