Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The beginning

Well, in many ways this has been a lifelong dream to adopt a child who needs a loving mom, but I am brand new to this. I am so fortunate to have found a great resource in Reece's Rainbow an International Down Syndrome Orphan Ministry and a new family in the families who are also on this wonderful journey of adopting. I can't pinpoint a time when I wasn't aware of the blessings that seemed to come with those who experience Down Syndrome. I had the pleasure of being nurse to two men who had DS. One was 57 at the time, and the other was 63. I think they both gave to me far more than I gave to them.

Still working on funding for my homestudy. This may take a couple of months since we here at the Clifton house are getting ready for senior pictures for Sydney. I'll post some when I can.

Deana

1 comments:

amyl4 said...

I love your blog title! I can't wait to follow your journey to bringing home Grace.
Amy

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me! Well meaning words are always welcome and appreciated! It's easy, you can do it!